View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vermont Fishing Regs. to Change

I suspect they still buy the license here,,they just don't come to the trout streams,,but instead they go to the lakes. Fish and Game,,instead of doing two stocking to support the streams now do 7 in each stream with the open all year deal...so they must not have lost money on it.

Taking a quick look just now on Google,,it appears that the 'open year round' is catching on in a lot of other states,,as some have recently opened more water,,or all public water,,to open all year seasons. Also checked our Virginia license fees,,they run about what other states run within a dollar or two.

What is IN decline is the number of hunters. Sad too. You couldn't fall dead here without landing on a deer. Hazardous driving,,,combat driving actually, is standard here now cause of the deer and bear. Pvt property owners are responsible in large part for this. There is no access to fields and broken property of any kind for people anymore. We are blessed with miles and miles of wilderness,,but there will only be so many deer culled out of the forest...any serious cull comes from the broken land and field areas,,aka,,,farms. I'm one lucky hunter in that I have a pvt dairy to hunt when it just comes down to filling the freezer. But mostly, pvt property farms aren't owned by 'neighbors' anymore. AND, they wont let you fish their streams either...many a mile of good small mouth and pan fish waters are not available to local fishermen anymore. But hey,,the outsider 'rich kids' own it,,,and I don't bother them..but still twinges me a bit about all the places I fished and hunted as a kid that I can't go anymore.