View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Galvan Rush Light, Nautilus FWX, Hardy UltraliteDD

I have an old series 1 Lamson Litespeed that has been my main reel, this past winter I was having issues with no drag, probably a bit of water got in there and froze. After a little use each time the drag would start working again, granted this is one of the early Lamson reels, they probably are much better now. I also have an old Galvan OB-5 that I bought used off EBay, about six months later I started having drag issues where the adjustment just wasn't working correctly. I called Galvan, told them I had bought the reel second hand and would gladly pay to have it repaired. They told me that they no longer made that model but would take a look and see if it could be repaired. I sent it in and didn't hear back after three weeks so I called them to make sure they received the reel. Sure enough they had and would give me a call when it was repaired. Another couple weeks go by and the reel shows up on my door step repaired and no invoice, so I called and explained that I didn't intend for them to repair the reel for free, but they said that is the way they do business. So I just wanted to relay that story and how Galvan stands behind their products. Sorry I have no experience with any of the other reels in your list.

Larry