View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 01:50 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Galvan Rush Light, Nautilus FWX, Hardy UltraliteDD

If you will go to page 96 of the "Reel Love" thread above in this Reel section of the Forum, you will help me from not having to repeat myself. I will add though that, capacity and performance criteria being appropriate, I select a new reel by how precisely it will balance my new rod. You are correct that fly shops may have their prejudices and I do too but it is different as I buy reels to fish with rather than sell them. All three of the reels I wrote about are on your list and are superior in drag performance, sealing from the watery elements and aspect ratio to your current reels. To match your new Zenith the U DD 5000 would be the simplest choice but any one of these three in the appropriate weight (disregard mgf. recommended line sizes and go by balance...as I pointed out I use the FWX 7/8 on my light weight #5) would be a reliable, fine tunable and enjoyable reel to fish with.

If you further search this Reel Forum you will also find a thread dedicated to Nautilus and another to Hatch Reels.