View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 03:08 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Galvan Rush Light, Nautilus FWX, Hardy UltraliteDD

My first thought was they are all fantastic and will do what you want.

What stood out to me is you said you are fairly rough on gear. Assuming all things being equal from quality of the internal features and functionality. Is it worth paying for "pretty" if you are going to beat it up.

Per SweetAndSalt above what you will see in the reel threads mentioned Lamson (except speedster) got a few negative remarks due to spool ratio. I sold a Guru and Velocity because of it. I pinched and ruined two new lines when they barreled.

I dont own any Galvans unfortunately, I love my FWX but it is to "pretty" to beat up. So for value in my mind Hardy might be the best bet.

Go to Front Range Anglers in Boulder tomorrow if you can. They are having customer appreciation day. See their twitter feed for a coupon. They had all 3 reels you are asking about just the other day. Go try them all on for size. SA is also doing a line trade in deal their tomorrow too.

I was going to go get a new FWX 5/6 tomorrow but I was lucky enough to have to buy a brand spanking new Dyson vacuum today so no dice for me.