View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:10 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Galvan Rush Light, Nautilus FWX, Hardy UltraliteDD

Sounds like you eliminated the Hardy for valid reasons, quite canidly the warranty issue question on the reel and the Grey's streamflex rod is the only thing that kept me from going 10' 4wt with that set up. I went with Allen for the rod and put a Ross Evolution 2 on it.

Just my $.02 I love galvan reels but if I were choosing between a FWX and a the Rush Light I would go for the FWX. Why would I do that ?

I have the FWX 3/4 in silver and absolutely love it. The silver is not so blingy as to be distracting or reflective. The craftsmanship is awesome, the thing is silky smooth. The drag is very crisp and fine. It is on a trout rig so I've never tested it against anything bigger than a 14" Rainbow.
I didn't fish it this year in the winter so I cant comment to how it functions in frigid conditions. I fished my Ross Evolution LT 2 a fair amount over the winter and had no issues.

Sounds like you are like me and prefer to upsize your reel by one size since you are looking at the FWX 5/6 for a 4wt. I use a Ross Evo LT 2 on both 4wts. The FWX 3/4 is very comparable in size to the Evolution LT2