View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Please Help what is this worth

Hi wterry333,

Welcome to the forum. I think you are going to learn a lot from our many knowledgeable people.

You are smart that you asked questions before you put down your money. Many people buy an outfit and then ask how good it is. I always thought that was a backward way to do it.

You seem to have some high goals in fly fishing and that is great. Fly fishing is not like any other fishing. Any body can go out and hire a captain and fish for any fish in the ocean. However with fly fishing you have to know how to cast. That takes some practice and instruction. This is where you should begin. You need to learn how to cast and then you have to learn how to cast for distance.

As you learn to cast you will gain knowledge about equipment and have a much better understanding of what it takes to accomplish your goal of Tarpon or Sailfish. You need to start with smaller, easier to catch fish. You will find that there is quite a bit to learn besides casting such as line control, using the reel and drag, how to dress and what fly lines you need just to name a few.

So I think the best advise I can give you is to slow down and learn more about fly fishing before you buy any equipment. There will always be good deals out there.

Frank