View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 06:56 AM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future
Default Re: New guy introduction/need some help!

I've got to go with Rip Tide on this one and throw my hat into the 4 to 5-wt. ring, as those two weight classes will handle a day astream with no problem. And, if you positively, absolutely have to have a new rod, look for one of the old Orvis Graphite or Superfine series that's been taken care of. Commonly, you can find them in 4 to 6-wt class and in lengths ranging from 7'6" to 8-foot and not have to break the bank to get one. I probably use my 7'6" 5-wt. as much as I do the 8-foot 6 wt., and while the AuSable River is easily fished over most of its length, it does have some "feeder streams" that will challenge a man's casting...

Jerry, aka hairwing530