View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More help needed please

Jonathan-

You've got great recommendations from the guys here, and if you can find a local shop, and/or local fly club you'd really be best off. And if you can spend a day or 1/2 day fishing with a guide- perhaps splitting the cost with a buddy you'll learn a ton that will help you when you fish on your own.

I took a stab at putting together a FAQ on gear for trout fishing. There's many ways of doing things and folks all have their own favorite products, but i tried to throw something together for you to at least get a sense of typical stuff carried on a stream- some of it may or may not be obvious, and you won't need all of it to start, but it may give you some ideas.

Here's a link:

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...5920#post65920

Keep asking questions, I'm sure folks can get you sorted out.

Good luck,

mark