View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 11:28 AM

bocast is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How old is your 'fishing car?'

There are 197,000 miles on my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The best of those miles traced routes to and from favorite fishing spots. It could pull me and my two aging dogs out of mud created by a sudden streamside cloudburst. While others jumped into their trucks, racing to beat the sudden softening of the bentonite laden soil, I could fish on while my dogs frolicked. That vehicle always got me out, with a pair of exhausted and happy labs in the back seat, yellow and black made into matching "earth tone" twins by Mother Nature. The gas cap door hangs free, after a ferry service accidentally locked my keys behind it. I used the tow strap of my Clackacraft to prise it open in the dark of night. It hasn't closed right since, and always makes me smile with the memory of an awesome day fishing and laughing. The visor sports a stonefly nymph tied by a old friend next to beautiful hair wing wets given to me by a generous stranger on Penn's creek in Pennsylvania. The labs are gone now. They left a muddy pawprint on the ceiling of my Pathfinder that leaves me mystified and misty eyed. I can't bring myself to wipe it away. That Nissan is part of my gear. I love my gear. It carries memories.