View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:15 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default 2 Boot questions

I am getting to the point I am going need to buy another pair of boots. Here is the scenario, I know I am either going to get Korkers or Simms when the time comes. I currently have Simms G4 guides that have a bout 4 years on them. The rubber soles are worn pretty bare, I am on my 3rd set of laces for each boot, so yes they have gotten used. These are my Winter, Spring , Late Fall boots. For summer wet wading I uses Simms RiverTek BOA's. I bought the RT's the same size as my street shoe since they are wet waders for just a thin neoprene sock.

All that being said the RT's are like new (less than 10 days on them) but to small for full waders and socks, so I need a pair for that.

1) Tell me about the Korker Interchangeable sole system. Are they a pain in the rear to change. If I only use rubber sole with metal studs, are they any advantage. Are these soles durable etc etc etc ?

2) Tell me if you have experience with BOA system in the winter. I've fished many days where the temp is 10 degrees or below. I have had shoelaces freeze solid. Do the BOA's hold up to freezing conditions like that very well. I love the BOA's for ease of use, but my experience is limited to summer conditions.

I know Patagonia and other brands are good, quite frankly I will buy one of these two brands since my local fly shop carries these two brands and I choose to support them. Since both of these brands carry good brand recognition and warranty I will limit my choices to this to support the guys.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson