View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: beginner confusion on how to properly use leader and tippet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802flyfish View Post
I've fairly interested in the furled leaders . Mostly interested in the ultimate dry leader. What are the cons or downside or furled leaders for dry flies? What happens if you want to do dry and wet flies? I really want to give it a try but I would like to know exactly what I'm getting into before I invest in it . I see that you have to apply a wax everyday you fish to keep it afloat, sometimes coating it multiples times a day? I thought if you apply the wax when wet, it wont be as effective as compared when it's completely dry.
I'm in a chrugie mood so take this with a grain of salt. What the heck is an "ultimate dry leader?" In my old book that would be a lady in her '30's or early 40's in a skimpy two piece bathing suit walking down the beach. I'll leave out references to 'flies' (my pant zipper) as that could get me banned, and I have already been 'warned.'

Note to self: Yellow Labs are a great introduction tool.