View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 08:11 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How old is your 'fishing car?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Bought a Toyota PU new in '79 and put 275k or so on it before a daughter ended it's run up against a redwood in '05. Picked up a used '04 Tacoma and put a leer shell on it. It's at about 135k now and I'm guessing it's got another 200k in it.

I average sleeping 15-20 nights a year in the shell on short trips and en route to Mt or wherever.

Click the image to open in full size.

It makes a good emergency kitchen in the snow -)
Long time back but heading over Steven's Pass and road is blocked. Like a blizzerd going on (don't ask as to why I wanted to make that trip as I have zero idea) and Washington State Police have the thing shut down. Total 'going now where' and cars backed up for a mile.

Hungry and dropped the back of the Buick Station Wagon and pulled out the Colman camp stove to brew coffee and cook some eggs, bacon/pancakes. Amazing how many 'new friends' you can make over a few hours. Thank Goodness the food box had 'Krusties' pancake mix as the kids just gobbled them up, shared plate/fork or not.

Mother type: 'Ya got eggs? I'll cook'um up.' I did, she did... huge woman. Not someone you say 'no' to. 'Ya all got some onions?' I did and whacked apart an into the pan.

'Ya all got some sweet patatos in that thing?' Answer was no.

'What kind of a Huny Boy are you?'

Feast and freeze but one hell of a good time. Think my camp plates/etc had 'servings for 4' but I doubt any one gave a shxt.