View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 05:26 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who designed the Winston WT and LT?

I wish, when I had the opportunity to choose, that I had selected the much revered BIIx #6 instead of the #4 which disappoints me so. It is true that within a given model series there can be standouts and also rans. Just yesterday morning I met a knowledgeable man on the river that was not fishing it...it was windy and the water was high so he had his Sage...but showed me his preferred BIIx 9'/#6 in his truck (I was not in my critic mode but fishing so I smiled and complimented its color). I had my trusty old Gary Loomis IMX 9 1/2'/#6 rigged; a fine streamer rod still with plenty of low end grunt.

Jackster, if you have an old GLX (original) 8 1/2'/#4 still in your possession, dig it out, string it up with a straight #4 Expert Distance Taper and compare it to the same size BIIx...then let us know what you think.