View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funky internet advice.....Cheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergetter View Post
Ok Diver you got my argumentative side up

The way you are ranting I figure you consider Nymph Fishing or High Sticking Nymps with Doubles and a SPLITSHOT not fly fishing either? I totally disagree and wouldn't it be better spent to rant on those that are poaching fish or fishing illegal rather than the ones that are going out and enjoying what we call as fishing fly or not?

My rant over.. I still call nymph fishing fly fishing and quite the addictive art.

CritterGetter
Well you would be figuring wrong about that. I have no problem with any of your examples. I seriously don't think you understand what a bottom bouncer is. It is a wire, 12 - 18" or so, bent into an L shape with a line attachment at the bend and another on the short end of the L. On the long end of the L there is a lead weight in the 3/4 to several Oz. zone. This was recommended on a site for FLY FISHING for walleye. I have a casting rod, with a line counter reel spooled with lead core. I troll crankbaits for walleyes. If I replace the crankbait with a fly, am I fly fishing then? This is what the fly fishing for walleye site recommended except it was with a fly rod. I do not see how that is fly fishing. Do you? If you had read my post you would have seen this was THE only two things I did not think was fly fishing. Not nymphs, split shot, or anything else you put there. None of it. And to top it off you didn't even mention the two things I did list. Just for the record the last guy I caught poaching, I took video of it and hand delivered it to the game warden. No cheesy pixilated video either. Good clear video with chapters, and an interactive menu. I have optical zoom, and really good video software. So how about this, start over and look at what I actually said, and stop assuming, reading tarot cards, crystal balls or whatever it is you did there. Seriously, where did you get any of that?