View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funky internet advice.....Cheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergetter View Post
TOUCHE

So now to the rebuttal:
I what I am saying is… if you are catching fish by any means with a fly rod it is fly fishing and that is ok by me.

My biggest point here is you can use any technique to catch fish with any type of rig. I prefer a fly rod over ultra light or St. Croix bass rod.

I could take your point and I actually couldn't see myself fly fishing with the bottom bouncer. spin cast getup would work better...

However, using your point would you say any form of streamer or minnow or even tandem rig on a fly rod isn’t fly fishing..
thanks..
Crittergetter

PS.. and thanks for the debate this weekend I couldn't go fishing so this was fun and if you ever want to get a zen like read "Trout Bum" is great for this esoteric form of thought.
I agree with the first point I left in your quote. If it is legal, it is fine to do it. I just think it should not be called fly fishing on a fly fishing site when it clearly isn't. You said any method using a fly rod is fly fishing. Would trolling a crank bait on a fly rod be fly fishing?

Your second point I completely disagree with. I have used tandem fly rigs, nymphs, strike indicators, split shot, etc. and have no problem with that being called fly fishing. All of that is accepted methods of fly fishing. I never even mentioned them.

And your welcome for the debate. All in good fun.
Update on the video: I watched the game Warden come down and get a poacher at the same spot tonight. Not the guy I had in the video, as he's still waiting for that guy to come back. I know this warden, and he'll get him eventually.