Thread: Ripple
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:03 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold
Default Ripple

I didn't forget the "forgotten color" thread on another forum and had to order up some tying thread because it looked so cool, but the Danvilles lay dormant for a few months......what to tie? Claret.

Ghetto's folks and teen's have a lot going on together, not much moo-la and a popular weekend buzz was a 6 pack and a bottle of Ripple. Yah-who? Most of you won't have the slightest idea what Ripple is cause it's no longer made so sub the beer and the poison you glugged with your buddies. Know what I'm talkin' bout ?

"Ripple"....the fly:

Hook: a wet fly hook, a sinker, something to get it happy and down down down.....down
Thread: 6/0 Danville Wine color
Tail: blurred white hackle fibers
Tag: lightning silver flat tinsel
Body: Ripple Pagan Red dubbing in a whirling loop and eye flash white oval tinsel rib
Wing: mallard quill with wine spilled slips
Hackle collar: grizzly dyed ....empty Ripple bottle green

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

The "stuff"....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...99338035647945