Thread: Alberta
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Alberta

I was just down on Vancouver Island. From what I found there I understand there is some worry about water temps and levels for the spawning runs. Campbell River looked a little low, the Oyster was very low.
There is more fresh water there, but I think in some areas at least, water levels are an issue in that they are lower and warmer than in previous years. They have had heat waves there, though I know some areas have had quick harsh rainfalls. B.C. has had a terrible fire season, they are still in trouble, very little rainfal and certainly no extended rains.
I am not sure about the NWT's I can do a check with their department of environment and see what is going on there.
I do not remember such a dry year. While we were in Kamloops it was 44 to 45 Celsius.