View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Let's Talk About Knives.....................

Knives, I have always been a fancier of knives. When I was a boy my father always had what looked like a huge Queen Steel bone scaled pocket knife in his trousers and the fascination stuck. Over the years I have developed a sort of collection of knives. Most of mine are pocket / clip back knives but I have a few fixed blade models also. Since relocating here to AK. I find that to leave home without my Benchmade Osborn Axis clipped in my right side pocket feels worse than leaving home without my American Express Corporate card. It seems I always need the knife. Opening packages, cutting a cord or rope at camp, and of course for dispatching an occasional salmon with a quick stroke through the brain, yep I keep one handy all the time. Then there is the fillet knife, what is your favorite? How do you keep them sharp, what works best to maintain the edge? What about assisted opening blades like the Kershaw and Gerbers?

If you have a favorite knife what is it and if you have a picture, post one please. I will take a photo of my every day carry blade and of my fishing blade and post them here soon. First I'll wait to see if this is a subject that other members are drawn to engage in.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;