View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's Talk About Knives.....................

Ard: I always carry a small pocket knife with me, I'm like you, kind of feel lost without it. Post some photos of your favorites. I will do the same, I have a couple of fixed blades my son made for me.

Jimmie: I'm not sure if this is the same outfit but my son and I were visiting with a machinist friend in Midland, TX awhile back and he showed me a knife blank that had been produced by a foundary in Houston. The blanks were made by a lost wax method (I forget the actual name of that process of pouring metal into a casting) and had the name of the company embossed in the sides, very nice detail. Anyway it was something like "Knives of Alaska", later I looked them up online and found that he was actually from Texas but had a fishing/bird hunting lodge operation in Alaska in the summer and fall. If that is the same company he produces some very nice looking knives.

Larry