View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 02:36 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fly fishing sling/pouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgreg View Post
I went to the Santa Ana river over this weekend, and all I took with me was my rod, a box of flies in my pocket, and a bottle of water, and hiked probably a half mile down the river, stopping at pools to fish. I just went back to the car for lunch. A sling/lanyard would have been handy there, but it seemed I didn't or wouln't have needed much more. My friend who I was with at the time wore his vest, and it seemed like overkill.
It seems like you are learning that you can minimalize. The reality is that most of your fly fishing accessories won't be touched. If you plan ahead, you'll know which flies you need which limits the number of boxes down to one. Whatever you need, you can stuff in your pockets. Accessories could be hung off of a lanyard. If you want to hump some water down and maybe carry a few extra accessories, wear a hydration pack.

When I minimalize, I use a Morningstar lanyard and stuff everything into my pockets.

Click the image to open in full size.

MP