View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:56 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waited 2 1/2 years

I use Rio Gold line on all of my 3 wts. I think it loads the rod better than other lines that I've tried. Next to that, I like Cortland's peach 444 series. which also works well for me on 3 wts.

What I like about this rod is the way that it casts. It has a progressive feel to it; you can feel the rod load easily, so you can really tell what's going on with both the rod and the line as you go through the casting stroke. It also seems to unload at the end of the stroke with a little "snap" to it, which I like because that's what I'm trying to do to the blank anyway at the end of the casting stroke.

I false cast a lot; much more than most people. It's just the way that I fish; I like to cast. In this mode, I usually become aware of when I need to start concentrating on distance with the rod that I'm casting; when the rod is starting to reach it's natural limitations and when timing and hauling are starting to become the keys to greater distance. Both of the other rods have specific points where I know that this will happen. This rod gets me another 8-10' out there before I have to start doing that. And I like that a lot!

As far as fit and finish is concened, I don't think I've seen better on any rod, so that's a plus, too. But the real reason why I'm really "up" on this rod is it's castability.