View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 06:56 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Orvis 4 wt. Rod & English Battenkill 3/4 Reel

grtlksmarlin,

You're spot on regarding your observations on the English-made Orvis Battenkill 3/4 reel, and the Orvis Graphite rod as well. Both were among the best ever made by the folks at Orvis, in my humble opinion, which is why they were purchased for my late daughter, Laramie.

But, in the four years since her passing, they languished in the rod cabinet, as Dear Old Dad still has his share of difficulties in handling the loss of not one, but two of his four daughters. And, with one of "my kids"-- Ms Emily --losing her own battle with leukemia at age 15 as well, the similarities have been emotionally tough to navigate. Hence, it's time that the little 4-wt. takes its place in another rod rack, and that the money be used for other things...

Not one of my finer moments, but I believe the move to be the right one...

Jerry, aka hairwing530