View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waited 2 1/2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Hi Guys,
Here's the same article, but with more and better pics:
http://www.troutrods.com/pdfs/FORBESWEB.pdf
Thanks for the link to the article, Frank.

I had talked to both Tom and Gerri several times during the building of my rod; they had questions about how I fished and where I fished, how to spell my name (it's on the rod), timing updates, etc. Tom still loves to talk about fly fishing. I had an inkling as to his medical situation and knew that Gerri was the one who was building the rod, but I didn't have the background that's in the Forbes article. I had ordered the rod after a trip to the Paradise Valley in MT. The outfit that we fished out of on that trip was George Anderson's Yellowstone Angler and it was George who put me onto the Tom Morgan rods. Just a few casts on the Yellowstone River behind George's shop had convinced me (I cast a 5 wt. there, but when I returned home, I quickly realized that a 5 wt. would be a lot more rod than I needed to fish the small freestone streams that abound in the Poconos). I talked to Tom about it. He was familiar with where I fished and suggested the 7'9" 3 wt.; saying that it was becoming his signature rod due to its sweetness.

He's now offering fiberglass blanks and I'm really thinking hard about getting one.

Pics to follow on my 7'9" 3 wt. once I get back home.