View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 08:10 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mind the bomb !!

Reminds me a little of "Crocodile Dundee" fishing with dynamite in the Hudson off NYC!

I'd find a new stream if I were you.

Actually it reminds me a little of sailing when I was younger. We were headed for the Isles of Shoals; a small group of islands off the coast of New Hampshire (where the pirate Captain Kidd is supposed to have buried most of his treasure; although it's never been unearthed). On the way out we saw what we thought might be a small sleeping whale (they sometimes remain almost motionless with their backs sticking just above the water), so we decided to sail over to take a look. As we got closer, it kept it's place - it didn't move. When we were about 50 feet from it and headed for it on a broad reach (we were haulin' for a sailboat) someone said: "it has spikes on it!" Yikes!!! It was a WWII mine! We barely missed colliding with it. I'm not sure if that would have touched it off, but I never brought a boat around faster in my life. We reported it to the Coast Guard on the VHF and they came right out, cordoned it off, totally cleared out the area and that was the last we saw of it. We made the local papers, but I'll tell you, we were just plain lucky!