View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 03:28 PM

butchhe is on a distinguished road
Default Moving to Georgia

I just found out that I will be moving to Warner Robins, GA next month and was wondering what I could expect locally for fishing.

I know that north of Atlanta, I can expect world renown trout fishing on 't the Chattahoochee River, but I don't think I will be driving 200+ miles every weekend. I'm looking for something a little closer that I could shoot out to after work.

As far a gear is concerned, I have a 6 wt St Croix rod with a Teton reel, so for trout, I will be good to go.

I have fished for bass with a spinning rod/reel set up, but never a fly rod. Would a 6 wt work well? I have used it to fish for Sockey, Coho, Pink and Chum salmon and it held up extremely well, although it probably weak in the spine for 7+ lb fish.

I plan on getting a 9 wt setup eventually for my trips back to Alaska, which I could probably use to throw the bigger bass plugs.

I just started tying flys for salmon (maybe 20 or so), so I will have to expand the limited knowledge that I have on tying, but am looking forward to the challenge.

If any of you happen to be around that area, I would enjoy getting to know you and maybe even fish together.

Tight Lines.