View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What am I doing wrong???

I agree with Troutbum, some rods do work better with a one heavier line. I mean they use to say in the old days 5/6. I know the tapers are a lot more refined these days and the lines are much nicer.
Scot builds some nice flexes. I checked out the E this weekend and a nice fast rod. Not sure on the G, but I had a Scott 3 pc (not sure what model anymore, brother in-law has it) but it was a sweet med. I feel like the Eclipse is a sweet med/fast.
You fished your Grandfathers boo, I think that you might be use to the extra weight of the ol boo's, plus maybe that Pendilum feel, which you are NOT going to get with plastic.
I would say as everyone else, try turning slightly side ways and watch your cast. Try powering a little more (like hammering a nail in the wall) Not to the point that it is uncomfortable.
I prefer a WF for everything, but I do use DT for special apps. I think most of the new rods are set up to work well with both however.
Again I will say to slow down. The tip of that boo did all the work, let the Scott do the same.
One more note: It is fine to go one up on the line, but personally I prefer not to on a floating, due to the diameter gets larger and harder to mend on the water. I also prefer the Super Fine lines and Sylk for their smaller diameter.