View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:55 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly rod for my wife

Sage makes a Z-Axis in 5 weight with a small grip, but it may not be the best one for an absolute rookie. Actually, you can have any premium rod by Sage custom built through a Sage authorized program. But like Frank, I'm a big fan of putting an absolute rookie into fly fishing lessons until she develops some sort of stroke.

If I was going to play the statistics, she would probably gravitate towards a medium fast action rod. Most ladies do so. For 2009, I probably sold more Scott A3 to rookie ladies as a first rod. The Sage Launch (now discontinued) was a close second. Surprisingly, the quicker Winston Vapor was popular with the ladies. I made sure to upline it to slow it down for those with a slower stroke.

I hope your wife enjoys the sport.

MP