View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: semi-new fly tyer needs help

The best thing to do is to concentrate on the flies that you actually use. That will keep you from buying materials that you will use a few times. Those materials will sit in a desk for years (trust me. I have a bunch).

If you choose to buy saddles or capes, see if the shop will sell you two different color halves as one unit. For example, olive and black Woolly Buggers are the two most popular colors. You can buy half of black saddle and half of a olive saddle. I do that for customers at the shop that I work at.

Also check out the clearance bins at your local shop. Sometimes you could find gems of fly tying materials that you could use that are heavily discounted.

MP