View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: LaCrosse Custom Rods

I like to try new things, especially things that don't break the bank. I saw them for sale and after having a good experience with another value priced fly rod I was curious.

I bought one for my wife. I got her a 4pc. 9wt. I have cast it quite a bit and it launches a 9wt just fine. It was bought as a king rod but she has not caught a king on it yet. I expect it will land a fish with no problem.

The blank is deep blue and has dark blue wraps with silver tipping, (nice wrap job) other than the fact that they use a weird winding check they look about the same as any other fly rod on the market. The big difference is I paid about $58.00 for this one.

Go ahead and give one a try, I'm not sure what weight your looking at but if they all cast as well as the 9wt. I bought you will be able to fish with it quite readily.

I own quite a few rods and have owned and sold many more. These were and are rods by Thomas & Thomas, Orvis, St. Croix, Scott, Sage, Fenwick, Edwards, Powell, Ike Walton, South Bend, Hedden, Quarrow, and LaCross.

Some of these fishing rods cost over six hundred dollars. Some cost almost that much back in the late seventies when five hundred bucks was a bunch of money for a fishing rod. My point in all this is that I have cast a lot of rods. I found nothing in the casting characteristics of the LaCross rod that I can say anything negative about.

Long story short, go ahead, try one.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;