View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:26 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Asheville nc area people wanted

It was a great weekend. Brian landed at least 5 fish with two in the 14 - 16 inch range. Dan, a friend of mine landed about the same with and even larger brown trout in the mix. I caught a couple bows and my son landed a brown. the weather was nice.

My son and I went last weekend. There were 15 or so other fly fisherman there and other than one guy who said he landed a couple small bows before 9, everyone was getting skunked. The leaves were heavy throughout the water column, it was the first clear day after 4 days of drizzle though the water was crystal clear. Biggest element was I only spotted three trout where I usually see MANY more. I threw everything at them and snagged rocks enough to know I was on the bottom. The Chattooga was just stocked a week ago. It was puzzling.

I'll probably wait till the heavy leaf fall is over before going again. probably after the restricted harvest (single hook, imitation only, catch n release) kicks in above highway 28.