View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biking the Cranberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Before next spring, I'll have a kayak, and I'm already plotting out some bike shuttle trips: Drive to the take out, take the bike off the roof rack and lock it to something. Drive the boat to the put in, take the boat off the roof and launch. Float and fish down to the bike, take the yak out, lock it to a tree and ride the bike back to the Forester, load the bike and drive to the boat.

Anybody else tried this?
BigCliff: The wife and I did a half day float on the Green River the other day and that is exactly what we did, used my mtn bike as the shuttle. Works like a champ. I did a half day float on the Colorado River last weekend, but the only road in that section of the river is hwy I-70 (four lane interstate) so I hauled my motorcycle down on the pickup to use for the shuttle, but the motorcycle is a pain to use as a shuttle because you have to unhook the trailer to load or unload the bike, but in a pinch it will work.

Larry