View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 08:55 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Crane Creek Mo. Anybody fished there lately

OK,

I did not go to Crane today. One main reason: RAIN. There was simply to much rain on wednesday and thursday, and the stream would not have been fishable today: HOWEVER:

I dont know if you know who Charlie Reading is or not, but he said by late Saturday, you might experience some great fishing. MIGHT was the key word. If the runoff from the previous rain had already gotten through and the water level was dropping, the fishing would be spectacular. I do not know what the current Water level is.

But, knowing Charlie, that information was what he believes. Charlie probably knows more about Ozark fly fishing than anyone, and if he had his way, no one would catch a trout if they werent fly fishing.

SO, I would give it a shot on Saturday afternoon, the water will be off color a little, but it should be fishable, and it should fish well. All this depends on the runoff though, if there was a fly shop in the area you could call and verify the water level with, that would make me feel a lot better about the trip.

If it turns out to be a failiure, what have you lost? your an hour away from Roaring River, and your trying something new.