View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: What kind of hat do you wear?

I generally wear either a palm (straw-like) cowboy hat or this big floppy looking thing that belongs on an asian farm of some sort. (no, not the conical type) I go with that instead of a ball cap because that way i don't really have to worry about sunblock from the shoulders up. I also like the fact that I don't have to worry about reapplying sunblock or worry about it getting into my eyes. Dunking the hat in the water adds a nice cooling effect too.

Another thing we should keep in mind is sun protection for our hands. A long sleeve shirt will protect your arms well, but it sure leaves the back of your hands exposed. I can vouch that the tan spandex-type sun gloves really are plenty comfortable to wear and don't interfere with casting or knot tying. Backs of hands are another common area for skin cancer to show up and one that we should protect.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.