View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Your Worst Day / Calamities While Fishing

This ought be a good thread. Plenty of stories of success on the water to be found but what about your worst day? I thought about this after re-viewing the thread of the truck in the water.

As The Day Tapered Off; my story.

Back in 1980 I was headed out to fish Kettle Creek in Pennsylvania. While on the way there I collected a speeding fine for doing 64 mph on a 55 mph road. The national speed limit was 55 mph back then so I got the axe.

So if that didn't dampen your spirits enough try this; by evening I had tried to put the ticket in the recesses of my mind and there was an outrageous hatch of Hendrickson spinners over the water. As I sat waiting for them to come down to the water I lit up a fine cigar. After doing so I rested the cigar while I examined my fly box for the perfect match for the hatch.

The cigar rolled a bit on the big old boulder I was sitting on and neatly burned the front 15' or so off of my 5wt DT line! Like Popeye would say "I've stood all I can stands and I can't stands no more", I went home. I did obey all speed limits as I made the drive home.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;