View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: adding loop to fly line?

Hi Everyone,

Here is the low down on the types of Goop.

· Amazing GOOP® and Craft GOOP® contain a thinner formula for precise, detailed work.
· Wood & Furniture GOOP® is a thicker, non-slump formula perfect for vertical and overhead applications.
· Automotive GOOP®, Household GOOP® and Plumbing GOOP® are all the same formula.
· Lawn & Garden GOOP®, Marine GOOP®, RV GOOP® and Sport and Outdoor GOOP® are all UV-resistant.
· Shoe GOO® is a more rubbery formula allowing for greater flexibility.

I used Goop all over Alaska. We never went on a trip with out a tube of Shoe Goop and Household Goop. I finally gravitated to the Shoe Goop. It is thicker than the Craft Goop but stays very flexible. On one trip I had to glue a sole back on a boot. I used that boot for years after that and never had a problem with it. It walked just like the other sole. Same with a pair of hip boots. I had two or three patches done with Shoe Goop and they never leaked at the patch. I use to know how to thin Goop but I forget what I used. My favorite is Pliobond that is thin and stays flexible.

Frank, I want to get the pictures back up for the splice I do. I lost them with the Gallery change over. It is the least obtrusive of the loops and is strong.

Frank

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 11-19-2009 at 09:13 AM.