View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Best Fly Fishing Vehicles

The machines that got me to the most far flung places have all had two wheels. From Newfoundland to B.C. and too many states to mention. Having a good tent and the right bag have mattered a lot too. One year I took a fishing trip and came home 10,770 miles and six weeks later. I could not afford to do that in my Chevy Silverado now or then. I always carried two rod tubes and all the gear I needed.

Yeah I know, what about rain? I had more fun on the two wheelers because of the 'I can park anywhere' aspect, the views, the ability to ride a path or rail line along a river, and the worst one I ever had gave me 48 mpg. What's not to love about that?

I have used every vehicle I ever owned for fishing including my bicycle when I was a kid. I don't know that there was a 'best' one, they all got me there and that's what mattered. I still like to use my two wheeler but I don't leave the state. This past season even though I took my truck over to Kodiak instead of the two wheeler I was still sleeping in a tent and playing it close to the vest cash wise.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;