View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 02:21 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice
Default Re: Crane Creek Mo. Anybody fished there lately

KS
Charlie was 100% correct. We got a late start and decided to drive through Crane on our way to Roaring River. We got there around 2:45 and the water was almost GIN Clear.

Unfortunately we didn't fish, we just walked up stream from the City Park a ways and then drove North to Old Wire Road.

I assume if you are doing the hike and fish, you have a car parked at old wire and hike up from the City Park.

I didn't see any local fly shops just antique shops.

And then it rained from late Saturday till Late Tuesday and we had to head back Wed. So Crane was out of the question.

Flyguy
Glad to hear from somebody else that fishes that area. I will drop you a note. Maybe a good winter fishing weekend I will drop a PM.

Both..
Roaring River was really nice in the rain in zone 2 below the bait fishers. And it wasn't crouded. As it stands I talked to a couple of locals that said nymphing and streamer fishing in Zone 3 down stream is good. I didn't try that because of all the rain but plan on it next time.

Thanks again for the help.
CritterGetter