View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 10:29 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spey/Switch Rods and Target Fish

What kinds of fish do you target with your Spey and switch rods?

Here in Northern California, there are a variety of fish that can be caught with a Spey or switch rod. Most of the year, I'll target local Rainbow Trout on my home waters, the Lower Yuba. In the fall and winter, I start concentrating on Steelhead. When spring rolls around, it's time to fish for American Shad.

One of my friends has found a use for his switch rod. He uses it to fish for Smallmouth Bass on something that is slightly larger than a small stream (NF American River). There are some areas that have some large pools that he likes to work streamers into. Also there are some pocket waters that he nymphs.

MP