View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any N. Minnesota guys and gals out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfancjh View Post
That is the kind of area we are looking to go to for a good pike trip. A guy I know also wants to head that way to put some footage of throwing flies for pike in a video he is making so if it happens I'll let you know.
The best time to get some really big pike is in the last couple of weeks in April. It is not hard to get several over 40". If you come later in the summer, the tops of the reefs have some pretty big pike. I just lost the biggest Pike I have ever had on the other day in the river. I've been getting a few pretty big ones by accident walleye fishing. The real big one I lost the other day took me out into backing in a nonstop run with me running down the shore after it. It broke me off on sunken wood. If you get to where you have a plan put together give me a call. I'll PM you my number.