View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 05:33 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: How many fish do you catch?

I catch as many as the fishing gods will allow. Which is a hell of a lot less than I plan on.
But catch rate doesn't bother me. When I was younger, I wanted to catch one on every cast. Then reality set in. Today I target fish. Whether it's in moving or stillwater.
If I catch them, cool. If I don't that's cool too.
At least I'm not at work, or better than that, I'm not pushing up daisies.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
I'm always skeptical about guys who brag about 40-50 fish per day. I suppose it happens in certain instances, but my gut says it can't be that often. I've fished most of my life, and I now fish quite often with a very experienced fly fisher, who works at a local shop.

We both get skunked our fair share, and a few nice fish will always make our day.

Some of our best outings have been fishless. For me it's the journey, not the destination. I just got back from the Eastern Sierra for a one-week trip. The bite wasn't as hot as I expected, but we did catch some fish. Probably the best part of the trip, aside from the cameraderie, was watching a bald eagle dive into a lake and grab his breakfast...I got skunked that morning, by the way.

Cheers,

VB
Joni and I have had a couple good days when we've caught close to 80+ fish each. These were up at some Uinta lakes in Utah. The planets were all aligned, the weather was cool and perfect, we were in tubes from about 7am until past 4pm. All caught on dries, all within 10'-20' of the tubes (no need that day to cast any further) and all small brookies or planter bows. I had several times when I released one, put the rod across the bow of the tube, dried my hands, picked the rod up within seconds of drying my hands and a fish would be on the line. It was actually getting to the point of being boring.