View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discerning a strike from the bottom

Difficult for me to help you for I never use indicators...if the fish isn't too deep you can see it taking the nymph(don't strike when the mouth is white wait till it's black again) if it's deeper have a look at the place where you located the fish when you see a "silver flash" strike (I mean trout and mainly bows show their side which is silver )you can also look carefully at your tippet and your leader slowly and regularly sinking ...if there's something unusual strike!Last thing....strike when you feel the fish has taken the nymph...how do I know when I have to strike...I don't know....but I feel I have to do it