View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: attach leader to fly line

salmonfever, those knots are murder! Do you have the tool to help?
Here is a quick easy think I do to my lines that works very well (have yet to have one break):
Click the image to open in full size.
Fold your line over cutting end of fly line at an angle. Squeeze the clipped end next to your fly line make a loop as small or as large as you want. Start wrapping thread around the lines while still pinching together. A fly tying bobber comes in nice cause you can adjust it to grip the thread tight enough that you can swing it around the line without putting an eye out
Might need someone to hold the line while you wrap till you get it down. Do a couple of half hitches, clip thread and dab with Zap-A-Gap. Then I coat the thread with Knot Sense cause of the rubbery effect, plus it dries quick.
Click the image to open in full size.
Good luck to you and tight lines
Joni