Thread: Spey cast....
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spey cast....

Being a beginning Spey caster when we went for Steelhead last month, my friend and instructor for the weekend got me going with the 'Double Spey cast'. After learning the basics of the cast it was easy for several cast and then went to poo the next. Let's not even mention trying to adjust when going to the other side of the river. lol. Fatigue was a contributing factor as I'm sure my mechanics were not even close to where they should have been.

What was the first cast you learned? And what cast did you move onto next?

My friend wants to teach me the 'Snake Roll' next, but I want to hold off until I can be consistent with the DSC.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*