View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pike / Muskie fishing

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you. Nice flies. You should get a camera with a timer and a small tripod. I have a tripod with flexable legs that stands about 5" tall I can actually take better oictures of myself than most of the fishing partners of mine take. I've been fishing with a friend of mine from the Canadian side of the river. He takes great photos. Before him I fished alone alot because fly fishing up here fits in with big foot and unicorns. They have heard of it, but aren't sure it's real.

You should see the pike I have been getting in the river here the last few weeks. I had the biggest Pike I have ever had on a fly rod. Well in the upper 40 inches zone. It took me off on a sunken log. I landed a few other big ones but not like that one. I was running down the shore chasing it as it peeled me out into backing. Awsome fish. Yesterday I got a really fat 39 incher with a silver hue to it. Pretty fish. I'll post it when I get the film developed.

I have been getting them as a bycatch, as I am Walleye fishing. I have been using a bimini twist in the test tippet and albright knotting 6 or 8 inches of 30 pound mono on. it doesn't scare the Walleye and keeps the Pike from chopping my flies off. I was using an 8 lb. tippet when I got the 39 incher.