View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: what's better, Size or numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfly View Post
Is it better to fish all day and catch one thats really big, or get a tired arm catching lil fellers?
I'm not one of those liars that says it doesn't matter if I even catch a fish, but it is better when you get to the point where you don't care if it is size OR numbers.

Show me an angler who says he doesn't really care whether or not he catches fish and I'll show you a man who isn't very good at it. Nobody spends money on waders, rods/reels/lines, flies, nets, hats, tools, gadgets, etc. and goes and stands in the water for half a day without the hope of catching a fish. The people at the river who don't care to catch fish are there without fishing poles.

But whether I catch a few or a bunch, big ones or little ones is of no consequence. What matters is the connection with the water and the creatures that live there...and that connection is completed by a firm hook set and a safe release.
UPSTREAM, publisher
Fly Fishing News, columnist