View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: How many fish do you catch?

I caught 6 in an hour ths morning, I went out yesterday evening and caught nothing in two hours. The thing is to learn from somehting new from each outing. I know a spot or two that I can go and catch 15-30 trout in a morning, if things are just right, buts its "give me fishing" not fishing, and thats fun once in awhile, but the days I enjoy most are the ones that I have to figure the fish out and have time to watch the King fisher that is usally on my river, the red fox I watched for close to an hour last week, the guy I meet and fished with for a couple yours a couple days ago. We both caught a few fish, but the conversation was just as fun.
Its kinda like the spawners right now(brown trout) ANYONE (almost) can catch a 10-15 lbs brown right now, on the shoals while they are spawning, is it cool, yeah, kinda, but I would mutch reather catch my 15 brown next month, or in june, when I REALY have to fish for it, not just drift about any fly over a reed and hook one.
You'll find in your life as you age, the size and count isnt near as much fun as the trip. Now dont get me wrong, numbers and size are still great, just not as important as they use to be
Take care
Bear