View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pike / Muskie fishing

The only reason for the Bimini twist and albright knot is that I am working on breaking the 8 lb. catch and release record. The spey rod I'm using puts enough force on the line that I dont think I can use any smaller line and not launch clousers like BB's. If I hook the bottom and try to cast past it and save the fly with out the bimini it just snaps the fly off most of the time. Blood knots don't work to well going from 8 to 30 lb. line. I take the double line in the Bimini and cut the end of the loop. I furl the two lines and overhand knot the end. Then I take the furled double line and albright knot it to the 30 lb. line. It works like a shock absorber. The knots are all 100% and won't cost me a record. Old salt water trick.