View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: what's better, Size or numbers?

Since the question wasn't, "What's better, None or Some?" I have to say I would rather catch one big fish than dozens of small guys most days. I agree with what has been said so far, fishing isn't about just catching fish. I got skunked a couple weeks ago, but I was with my dog on a stretch of river under a bluebird sky, saw a bald eagle not thirty feet above my head doing his own fishing, and I wasn't in front of the TV. I didn't complain once.

That being said, when I catch a trophy sized fish - and that isn't all that often really - I enjoy it more than when I catch a little guy. They are generally far more crafty, which means I had to work harder and think more; they fight harder and smarter; and they make me feel like I've earned something.

But two buddies and myself caught over 150 fish in two days on the upper Colorado this past July and none of them were over 16 inches. That was a whole different kind of fun. Just being out in the middle of a feeding frenzy with good friends never gets old.

That's the beauty of it, though. It's not the same every day. If it were, that would be kind of dull, wouldn't it?

Gary