View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Orvis CFO reels;

I have owned three of these and I believe that for a classic pawl drag reel they are state of the art at a reasonable cost.

My CFO IV trout reel;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

This is a 1987 double pawl drag reel that has been maintained to mint condition. I had learned my lesson about scuffing up reels by 87'.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

I never wanted to be one of those guys who hollers "Fish ON, or Coming Down" every time I hook a salmon. I like to stand my ground and turn a fish bringing it to shore at every reasonable opportunity. Only in the case of the largest fish will I follow a running salmon more than five or ten yards along the beach. The secret to landing fish and not allowing them to run you down the river is a simple two prong attack. #1 use a heavy leader, (you're not casting to a stocked trout here) and #2 use reels with a smooth control range over a powerful drag. My Odyssey reels are good, really good but this is the 'Control Freak'.

The Cascapedia 8/9 Salmon Reel;

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Of all the hardware I've used to hook and land a big fish, this reel is the best I've ever owned.