View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 08:33 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rating rods by rolling dice.

That chart explains a lot. I always had the feeling some rods listed were factory rated for line weights way under their real value as fishing rods.
The TCR may be way stiff for a 5 weight line under normal circumstances but when you start to carry a ton of line for the longest cast it is in it's niche.

I won't ever let a system like the CCS determine which rod I'll buy. There are for too many non-numerical reasons why I prefer a certain rods.
Casting the rods you are looking for with the line you would like to use at the distances you will be fishing it is a fool-proof method of making a wise choice in fly rods.

One place a system like the CCS would be nice is if rod makers replaced broken rod sections. It was Scott that recorded the bend of each premium rod they made so if a problem occured with the rod they could replace a section with the same flex characteristics of the original.
Anyone know if Scott still does that?